Chief Operating Officer
- Join a newly formed leadership team
- Lead on excellence in corporate services and organisational enablement
- Create a lasting impact with long term financial sustainability
The Brotherhood of St Laurence (BSL) has a clear vision – an Australia free of poverty.
For over 90 years, we have worked with policy makers and the community for systemic change to prevent and alleviate poverty in Australia.
Operations partners with every part of BSL to ensure a great workplace culture, financial stability, high quality systems, fit for purpose facilities, and a safe workplace, enabling BSL to be a high functioning, impactful social justice organisation. Operations is critical to BSL creating an Australia free of poverty by providing first class, stable, well led operations.
Reporting to the Executive Director (CEO), the Chief Operating Officer (COO) will enable effective business integration, through business partnering to deliver on strategic objectives.
The role provides leadership across the following functions: Finance, Business Enablement, People and Culture, Volunteers, Information and Communications Technology, Facilities Management.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Extensive track record in executive leadership and highly developed skills and experience working with Boards, peers, community, business and government stakeholders, preferably in senior finance functions.
- Outstanding leadership and management skills and experience within a dynamic environment, with effective people, financial and systems management, leading, motivating and developing teams to make strategic decisions considering risk, capability and impact.
- Commercial acumen, strong organisational and project management, demonstrating highly developed influencing, negotiation verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven ability to evaluate opportunities and develop solutions based on understanding of the business and regulatory environment and organisational objectives.
- Integrity, maturity and strong personal and business ethics combined with sound judgement, temperament and a commitment to transparency and accountability.
- Role model enterprise leadership behaviour and contribute to the development of a positive engagement culture.
- Relevant tertiary level qualifications (e.g., MBA) and extensive relevant experience in senior leadership roles in large complex organisations, preferably in a Not-for-profit or government environment.
BSL has over 1500 employees and 1000 volunteers. BSL employees enjoy a range of flexible work options and other attractive benefits. Recognising that there is no ‘one size fits all’ pattern of work–life balance, the organisation endeavours to provide options to suit the needs of all staff.
EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
If this looks like a role that’s right for you, click ‘APPLY NOW’ using BSLcoo1122, providing a targeted resume and 2 impactful referees to David Baber or Katie Hooker of Fisher Leadership or call 1300 347 437 for further information.
Expressions of interest close: Monday, 9 January 2023.
Selected candidates with aligned backgrounds will be invited to participate in a secondary process.
The Brotherhood of St Laurence adheres to Government mandates in relation to COVID-19.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity and understand the importance of diversity and inclusion. We recognise that everyone has the right to an equitable, safe and productive environment and to be treated with dignity and respect. We welcome applications from all people regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, cultural background, disability or sexual orientation. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
Successful applicants will be subject to pre-employment checks including criminal history and working with children. Recruitment decisions are based on the key inherent needs and requirements of each role, and candidates are selected based on their unique strengths and characteristics. Applicants must have proof of working rights in Australia.Download candidate information