Assistant Commissioner, Custodial Operations
The AC, CO is a critical leadership position and reports into the Deputy Commissioner, leading a portfolio of prisons:
- Key Leadership role with strategic and operational oversight
- Deliver on quality outcomes and operational innovation.
- Significant reform work
About Corrections Victoria
Corrections Victoria operates Victoria’s adult prison system, seeking to provide safe and secure environments that deliver programs and services supporting prisoner rehabilitation. Corrections Victoria runs 11 public prisons, one transition centre, and oversees three privately operated prisons.
About the Role
The Assistant Commissioner provides expertise and leadership in the delivery of custodial operations, including the delivery of quality outcomes and prison innovation. This position leads the operational performance of prisons, including working closely with corporate staff on human resources, finance, health and safety and industrial issues.
Assistant Commissioners are also required to drive reform, including cultural reform and budget strategies. Assistant Commissioners are expected to lead by example and model departmental values.
Reporting to the Deputy Commissioner, Custodial Operations the Assistant Commissioner is responsible for managing a significant program of work, including line management of a portfolio of Prison General Managers across Victoria. While primarily concerned with driving prison performance, the position is also responsible for assisting the Deputy Commissioner, Custodial Operations through the provision of high level and strategic advice on the current correctional environment and will support the future development of effective correctional operations, particularly custodial operations.
To be successful in this role you will bring:
- Knowledge, specialist expertise and a record of achievement at a state-wide or national level in custodial operations or similar operational program areas, preferable in an institutional context within a complex, statutory operating framework.
- A proven record and high-level skills in problem solving and developing solutions to meet business needs, using a sound evidence base and analytical skills and the ability to develop innovative programs and responses to provide best practice custodial services in Victoria.
- Highly developed leadership and influencing skills, particularly from an operational or institutional environment.
You will be driven by creating an inclusive culture, respecting the individuality of others, and promoting meaningful system wide outcomes. Your approach will be contemporary with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Pre-employment Security Check (Declaration Form);
- National Police Record and Fingerprints Check and International Police Clearance (if applicable);
- VicRoads Information Check;
- Drivers Licence Check(s) (if applicable).
To apply – please click on ‘APPLY ONLINE’ using reference DOJasc1023, addressing your cover letter and resume, capturing key selection criteria to Dani White of Fisher Leadership on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1300 347 437 to speak to Dani White for further information.Download candidate information