- Contribute to the regulation of the legal profession and protection of consumers.
- Ability to bring expertise in financial and/or audit with a CA/CPA qualification.
- Join the VLSB+C’s Board for a term up to 4 years and an opportunity for renewal.
As a member of the Board, you will have the opportunity to help shape the direction, performance, and culture of the VLSB through oversight of strategy development and execution, and of the Board CEO.
This Board position requires a well credentialed finance and/or audit professional to support the Board in its financial and prudential oversight of the organisation and have the ability to Chair a committee of the board.
Meetings are typically 2 to 3 hours long. A commitment of approximately 12 meetings is required per year (7x Board with 3-5x for committees) plus other ad-hoc meetings, strategy sessions, induction and training.
Board appointments are for a term of up to 4 years and can be renewed. The role attracts fixed remuneration.
You will come with previous board experience, together with finance and/or audit experience at a senior management or partner level. CA or CPA qualifications are expected with AICD accreditation or a commitment to complete.
We are seeking a Board member who demonstrates the highest standards of ethics and professional and personal integrity, with both strategic ability and an attention to detail.
Self-awareness, respect for others, listening skills and intellectual capacity is required, along with a balanced and independent mind.
In support of the current culture of the Board, we seek an individual who is collaborative and a team player and able to have robust conversations.
The Victorian Legal Services Board (VLSB) is an independent statutory body, responsible for the regulation of the legal profession in Victoria. Originally established under the Legal Profession Act 2004, the Board’s role and functions now come under the Legal Profession Uniform Law Application Act 2014. The Board’s aims are to:
- Ensure the effective regulation of the legal profession and the maintenance of professional standards.
- Address the concerns of clients of law practices and lawyers through the regulatory system and provide for the protection of consumers of legal services.
- Ensure the adequate management of trust accounts, and;
- Ensure that the Legal Profession Uniform Law is implemented effectively in Victoria.
For more information on the Victorian Legal Services Board, visit: lsbc.vic.gov.au
To apply – please click on ‘APPLY ONLINE’ using reference VLSbdm0223 summarising your skills and relevant experience in your cover letter and resume to David Baber of Fisher Leadership or call 1300 347 437 for further information.
Download candidate information