- Leading Disability Services provider
- Innovative organisation supporting adults with disabilities and community supports to seniors
- Registered provider under NDIS and My Aged Care
The Board of Able Australia is seeking to appoint a new Board member to complement and extend the skills and capacities of the current Board following the completion of term of one of its seven board members.
Able Australia is a leading provider of disability services for adults and community supports for seniors. Able is a diverse secular not-for-profit organisation offering a broad range of high quality services to enable those the support live the life they choose.
Established over 50 years ago, Able has grown from providing help to the deaf blind community, into an innovative and diverse organisation with varied service offerings.
Committed to its values of trust, respect, excellence and kindness, Able strives to provide the best quality care in a long term partnership with its clients and their loved ones.
Able Australia is seeking suitably qualified candidates with passion, experience and networks in the Australian Disabilities sector, and who offer the following credentials:
- Board level or executive level experience in the Disabilities sector
- Understanding of the NDIS
- Networks / relationships across the Disabilities sector
- AICD qualification preferred
- Availability to participate mostly in person, or alternatively by video / phone
- Alignment with the values of Able Australia.
Currently, this voluntary Board meets 10x times per annum for 2.5 hours with 3x sub-committee meetings per annum.
Able Australia work from a social justice perspective that includes the principles of access, participation and the right to equality and equity for all.
For more information about the organisation, see: www.ableaustralia.org.au
To apply – please go to www.fisherleadership.com and click on “APPLY ONLINE” using reference code ABLbrd1218, addressing your cover letter and resume to Ms Jo Fisher, or call +61 3 9016 6000 for further information.