- High profile appointments at new statutory authority, the first of its kind in Australia
- Support improvements in educational leadership, teaching and learning statewide
- Play a key role in the Education State agenda to deliver excellence and equity in learning for every child
The Victorian Academy of Teaching and Leadership, designed in response to Victoria’s unique system context, will be a distinct specialist entity dedicated to developing teaching and school leadership excellence and raising the calibre and status of the entire Victorian teaching profession through the provision of specialised professional learning.
Building on the strong foundations of the existing Bastow Institute of Educational Leadership, and with a new focus on professional learning for Victoria’s highly skilled teachers, the Academy will begin operations and the delivery of new programs including the flagship Teaching Excellence Program, from January 2022.
The Department of Education and Training seeks individuals to bring their skills and experience to the Academy Board, which will ensure the efficient and effective operation of the Academy; and to be accountable to the Minister for the discharge of the Academy’s statutory functions, including educational and financial performance.
Reflecting the diversity of the Victorian community, the ideal candidates will bring experience in education leadership, including in a range of school education settings, vocational education and training, adult, community and further education. Additional skills in areas including professional development, business management, institutional governance, law, finance and commercial operations will be essential. Rural and regional knowledge and experience will also be highly regarded, as will demonstrated success in community and stakeholder engagement.
Motivated to drive change and improvements in school leadership and teaching, which will ultimately result in delivering outcomes for all Victorian children and their communities, the successful candidates will demonstrate a passion for the vision of the Academy and an alignment with the Victorian public sector values of responsiveness, integrity, impartiality, accountability, respect, leadership and human rights.
The appointments will be made for a term of up to three years.
For more information visit:
- The Bastow website for further information regarding the Victorian Academy of Teaching and Leadership.
- The Department’s website for general information about the Department, educational goals and vision for Victoria, including for teachers and school leaders.
- The Victorian Public Sector Commission’s website for further governance and policy information for candidates and public sector board members.
- The Appointment and Remuneration Guidelines outline the standard processes and principles for appointing and remunerating board members of non-departmental entities in Victoria.
Please complete the online registration process at getonboard.vic.gov.au and attach the following documentation:
- A statement outlining your suitability against the key selection criteria.
- A current curriculum vitae (CV), including details of at least two professional referees.
Applicants are encouraged to give consideration to any potential conflicts of interest that may arise in relation to other board roles, private interest or current employment.
For further information, please contact Andrew Norton or Emma King on 1300 347 437.