Business Development Manager
ABOUT THE ORGANISATION
St Vincent’s Private Hospital Melbourne (SVPHM) is a not-for-profit, private Catholic hospital caring for the community for more than 100 years. With over 500 registered beds and more than 1,800 staff across four hospitals located in Fitzroy, East Melbourne, Kew and Werribee, St Vincent’s Private Hospital Melbourne is one of Melbourne’s busiest and biggest acute care hospitals. The major specialities of the hospital include orthopaedics, urology, general surgery, cardiology, obstetrics, gynaecology, reconstructive plastic surgery, ophthalmology, and rehabilitation. Also specialising in ear, nose and throat, oncology and haematology.
St Vincent’s Private Hospital Melbourne – Fitzroy is looking for a Business Development Manager to drive business growth and development at the Fitzroy site.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Working closely with the General Manager / Director of Clinical Services (GM/DoCS), the Business Development Manager (BDM) at the Fitzroy site will recruit surgeons and medical specialists, develop the core specialities of SVPHM and work with the hospital team to achieve significant income growth and long-term sustainability in line with the Hospital’s strategic plan. The BDM will work collaboratively with the BD Managers at the other SVPHM sites to support specialty growth and doctor distribution according to the speciality strengths of each site. The BDM manages the Marketing & Communications and GP Liaison Coordinators to focus their efforts on the growth and promotion of core specialties and specialists of the respective site.
The BDM works closely with the Group Marketing Team to ensure campaigns and growth initiatives are implemented to the market that maximise activity growth, doctor retention and acquisition opportunities.
- Tertiary qualifications in business, health, science, marketing, commerce, economics, or related field
- AHPRA Registration or equivalent is desirable.
- Significant, demonstrated experience in Private Hospital Business Development or as a Health Service Provider.
- Demonstrated success in Sales, Marketing, or Business Development experience.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and lead and manage strategic programs.
- Demonstrated ability to motivate, manage and mentor diverse groups toward the accomplishment of established goals.
- Demonstrated analytical, influencing and negotiation abilities.
- Highly proficient in the use of various CRM and business/project planning principles and software
- Budget preparation and proven business case writing skills.
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Office Skills – especially MS Excel and MS PowerPoint.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to liaise with stakeholders at all levels across the business.
- Have a current valid Driver’s license.
WHY WORK FOR SVPHM
Join an organisation where we Serve Something Greater, See Something Greater, and Strive for Something Greater!
St Vincent’s Private Hospital Melbourne values their staff and offer professional advancement in a respectful, collaborative and learning environment. With attractive working conditions and policies that support work/life balance, including flexible work options, discounted gym memberships, the option to purchase additional leave, staff discounts for hospital admissions and salary packaging, you will be part of a high performing team in a workplace where relationships are built on mutual trust and respect.
If you are looking for a role in a true values-based organisation where you can make a significant impact, please click on ‘Apply Now’ to upload your CV and a brief cover letter, using reference SVPtbd0721, or contact Sharyn Gowans at Fisher Leadership on +61 1300 347 437 for further information.