Chief Executive Officer
- Shape the Future of Australian School Education
- Lead a high-profile national education organisation
- Deliver world-class curriculum, assessment and reporting
The Australian Curriculum, Assessment and Reporting Authority (ACARA) is seeking to appoint a future focussed and engaging leader to the position of Chief Executive Officer (CEO), to influence and shape school education outcomes nationally.
Reporting to the Board, the Chief Executive Officer will be accountable for the strategic leadership of ACARA as a high-profile national Authority, including the development and delivery of high quality and timely school curriculum and assessment products and advice. The CEO will champion the quality and value of ACARA’s products and services and lead a committed and engaged workforce, whilst establishing a broad network across the most senior levels of education and government, nationally and internationally.
The successful candidate will be:
- a credible thought leader with extensive knowledge of the Australian and international education landscape, preferably with experience across curriculum, assessment and reporting;
- outcomes focused with the ability to demonstrate impact, with a track record of achievement in education and delivering outstanding results;
- a skilled strategic decision-maker, with a drive for innovation and continuous improvement; and
- a collaborative, influential leader with the capability to provide authoritative advice to the Board and Ministers.
Highly developed negotiation, stakeholder management, communication and engagement skills will be critical to the success of this role.
The Australian Curriculum, Assessment and Reporting Authority (ACARA) is an independent statutory authority that aims to improve the learning of all young Australians through world-class school curriculum, assessment and reporting. ACARA was established under Section 5 of the Australian Curriculum, Assessment and Reporting Authority (ACARA) Act 2008.
ACARA’s functions include development of national curriculum, administration of national assessments and associated reporting on schooling in Australia.
For more information regarding the organisation please visit www.acara.edu.au.
To apply – please send your application to ACARA@fisherleadership.com, quoting reference ACRceo1018 and addressing your cover letter and resume to Mira Bacelj, or call +61 1300 347 437 for further information.