Chief Executive Officer – Lord Howe Island Board
We have a truly unique leadership and service delivery position available. This role provides the opportunity to take responsibility for the administrative affairs and the provision of a wide range of services across Lord Howe Island.
The Lord Howe Island Board administration sits within the NSW Government’s Planning and Environment Cluster. This position reports directly to the Chief Executive, Local Government and to the seven-member Lord Howe Island Board and advises the Minister for the Environment.
The Lord Howe Island Board controls all land tenure and leases on the Island, regulates and promotes tourism, operates a wholesale liquor trading enterprise, provides all local government functions and services and operates the Island’s airport, wharf facilities and electricity supply.
Responsibilities also include protecting the Island’s World Heritage status, managing the Island’s Permanent Park Preserve and conserving the Island’s flora and fauna.
In this unique role, you will be the first point of contact for all island related issues that arise. In addition to this you will be responsible for;
- Leading and directing staff to effectively handle a range of affairs of the Lord Howe Island Board.
- Providing advice and guidance to the Chairperson, the Board, and the Minister on policy and statutory functions to protect the Island’s World Heritage values.
- Strategic and business continuity planning, budget development and financial and resources management.
- Building and cultivating community and stakeholder relationships to address the needs of the community and managing interests and risks relating to trade and business of the Island.
- Senior leadership and administration experience in a complex service delivery organisation and government context.
- Excellent negotiation, liaison and interpersonal skills taking care of a broad range of stakeholders including at ministerial and community levels.
- Strategic planning and decision-making skills, operating across legislative, regulatory and policy frameworks.
- Ability to optimise business outcomes, exercise strong judgement, inspire teams and operate autonomously in allocating resources to achieve service targets.
The position is located on Lord Howe Island.
To apply for this role conﬁdentially, please email firstname.lastname@example.org addressing your Cover Letter and Resume to Jo Fisher, of Fisher Leadership, or call +61 1300 347 437 for further information.