Chief Experience Officer
- Lead the delivery of the ‘Big Blue Door’ vision (accessible, personalised, safe and connected support to everyone who engages with Beyond Blue)
- Execute a digital transformation roadmap
- Lead the delivery of the enterprise Outcomes Framework – consolidating key digital, CX and execution capabilities and leveraging data and insights to measure performance and impact
The prominent mental health and suicide prevention organisation, Beyond Blue, seeks to appoint a leader with an outstanding track record of digital transformation and data and insights-driven community services and products.
The Chief Experience Officer (CXO) leads the Insights and Innovation Centre of Excellence (CoE), which was established in 2020 and is now focused on strategy and project execution. The CoE functions comprise digital, community experience, service/product design and management, and business intelligence/data analytics. A key part of the role will be to support the development and success of highly specialised direct reports and their teams.
The CXO will be accountable for:
- the effective and efficient operation of the CoE and the delivery of agreed outcomes on time and on budget
- the delivery of a digital roadmap to improve every person’s and organisation’s connection and experience with Beyond Blue
- the delivery of the enterprise Outcomes Framework, bringing together digital, CX and execution capabilities and leveraging data and insights to measure performance and impact, and
- the appropriate and ethical collection, analysis and application of qualitative and quantitative data and insights to ensure Beyond Blue’s activities, products and services are designed and continuously improved by a deep understanding of the experiences and expectations of people affected by depression, anxiety and suicide.
The CXO will build capability and maturity, and foster collaborations across the organisation and with partners, suppliers and other stakeholders. They will provide clear, consistent, strategic leadership to the COE’s specialist teams. They will support and coach Beyond Blue’s lines of business to continuously improve community outcomes and people’s experiences with Beyond Blue using community insights, and data analytics, human centred design, and agile and iterative delivery methods.
Reporting to the CEO and as a member of the executive team, the CXO will contribute to the execution of Beyond Blue’s Strategic Plan, champion and role model Beyond Blue’s values and culture, and provide leadership across the whole organisation.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate a track record in successfully delivering complex and interdependent projects with constrained resources, and designing, adapting, and integrating service models and digital products that improve community outcomes.
A background in health or mental health is not essential. However, the appointee will value the experiences and expectations of people, families and communities affected by depression, anxiety and suicide. They will also need to work within Beyond Blue’s governance, safety and quality, financial and risk management frameworks. A tertiary qualification in a relevant discipline such as Digital Technology or Business is required.
Beyond Blue is Australia’s most well-known and visited mental health organisation focusing on improving the lives of individuals, families and communities affected by anxiety, depression and suicide. Millions of people and organisations connect with Beyond Blue’s free advice, information, services and supports each year. With that comes a responsibility to deeply understand and meet their needs.
Beyond Blue’s strategic plan, Beyond 2020, has created the blueprint for its ‘community centric’ business and operating models. In the last two years, the organisation has undergone significant structural, governance, process and system changes – while also facing record community need and service demand – and continues to build capacity and new capabilities.
This is an exciting time to join a responsive and revered organisation that values collaboration, respect, enthusiasm, excellence, innovation, and integrity, and contribute to the development of the new strategic plan for 2023 onwards.
For more information, visit: www.beyondblue.org.au
Applications close: Friday 15th July 2022
To apply – please click on ‘APPLY now’ below, using reference BYBcxo0422, addressing your cover letter and resume to Kate Wheeler of Fisher Leadership, or call 1300 347 437 for further information.