Director Client Services
- Provide expert and strategic advice to the CEO and the Executive Team
- Provide strategic leadership and advice on policy development, program delivery and evaluation with relevant internal and external stakeholders
- Lead reform that will improve service effectiveness and improved outcomes for victim survivors
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), the Director, Client Services is a member of the Safe Steps Executive. The position plays a critical role overseeing and evolving the effective delivery of Safe Steps’ 24/7 Crisis Services including its Residential Services program.
The position will provide strategic service enhancement in the specialised area of family violence service 24/7 delivery. Importantly it will draw on your capability building capacity to lead and mentor direct reports and front-line staff, build collaboration, co design, team capability, supervision, and staff wellbeing.
As a contributing member of the Executive team it will support the strategic development of the organisation and work with the CEO to ensure the effectiveness of Safe Steps and the services it provides.
Safe Steps practice, research and advocacy promotes the voices and diversity of victim-survivors. The organisation has a reputation for being courageous, feminist, empowering, inclusive, respectful and reflective.
Key requirements of the role
- Tertiary qualifications in social work or related field that meets the Victorian Government’s seven equivalency principles
- Leadership and management experience, demonstrating expertise in the application of intersectional feminist theory and contemporary family violence practice including the gendered nature of violence, social justice principles, crisis intervention and working with trauma
- Aware of the evidence base that supports recognition of and experience in working safely with people from Aboriginal and Torres Straight Islander communities, LGBTQ communities, culturally and linguistically diverse communities, and those living with a disability
- Experience leading multifaceted and complex teams
- Significant experience implementing effective strategies which promote the mental health of staff and clients
- Demonstrated ability to provide strategic advice relevant to reform, advocacy, and service improvements
- Ability to manage complex risk presentations and display clarity of purpose and mind to lead and support frontline staff
- Demonstrated capacity to deliver outcomes in line with organisational vision and objectives
- Experience in managing budgets across various frontline (funded) programs and delivering against Service Agreement targets
- Willingness to commit to the living expression of Safe Steps values
Safe Steps is the 24/7 family violence response centre in Victoria. It is the “state-wide entry point” for victim-survivors of domestic and family violence. Victim survivors in this context means women and their children and young people. Safe Steps role is to provide a 24/7 crisis response ensuring victim survivors at immediate risk are supported to reach safe accommodation.
Services include information and referral, crisis response, specialist family violence risk assessment, safety planning, Webchat and access to supported crisis accommodation.
To learn more about the organisation, visit: Safe Steps
Applications close: Monday, 26 September 2022.
To apply – click on ‘Apply now’ using reference SAFint0822, and address your cover letter and resume to Kate Wheeler of Fisher Leadership.
Your application should include:
- A brief covering letter.
- A complete current resume; stating responsibilities and achievements against each role you have held.
- Specific responses to the Key Selection Criteria, providing examples of demonstrated experience and capabilities.
Download candidate information