Director Media & Strategic Communications
- Lead high-level strategic communications
- Influence and drive a high performing team culture
Be part of a mission critical organisation that is delivering liveable, inclusive and sustainable communities
The Director, Media and Strategic Communications is a key member of the executive leadership team within DELWP’s Digital and Customer Communications division, which is responsible for the delivery of specialist advisory support that enables DELWP to deliver to customers and communities across Victoria. As the Director, you will provide leadership for DELWP’s media and external communications team ensuring that the department delivers consistent and reliable high-quality communications for both internal and external customers. You will work with strategic communications directors and teams across portfolio entities and departments to ensure coordination and delivery of communication across the Victorian Government.
Reporting to the Executive Director, Digital and Customer Communications, you will lead, support and set short-, medium- and long-term strategic plans for integrated media, issues management, relationship building, stakeholder engagement and content creation. Your experience as a strategic communications leader and experience as a people leader, with a demonstrated track record in building strategy, shaping culture and delivering exceptional client service in a complex environment will be key to your success.
To be successful you will have:
- Extensive communications and issues management experience with previous government experience at a senior level
- A strong track record of managing high-level strategic communications issues, lead critical incident management communications, whole of government advertising coordination and portfolio relationship management
- Demonstrated experience, at a senior level in communications and engagement together with a wide range of contemporary communications and content marketing techniques
- A current understanding of industry, state and national drivers and trends,
- Experience in leading and engaging a high performing, capable and customer focused workforce aligned with DELWP values and achieving better outcomes for all Victorians.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in communications or public relations is essential.
The successful candidate will have proven resilience, high levels of persuasion and influence, and show they can operate at the most senior of levels within government.
The Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning (DELWP) ensures that Victoria has the right conditions to enable economic growth, while delivering liveable, inclusive and sustainable communities. Bringing together planning, local government and infrastructure, environment, climate change, energy and water functions, the organisation ensures an integrated approach to the development of long-term state and regional strategies that build on social, environmental and economic opportunities to provide for future population growth and change. An organisation renowned for its confident leadership and positive culture, they invest heavily in their people and are proud of the diversity of their workforce.
For more information about DELWP visit: www.delwp.vic.gov.au
To apply – please go to fisherleadership.com and click on ‘APPLY ONLINE’ using reference DELdms0921, addressing your cover letter and resume to David Baber of Fisher Leadership, or call +61 1300 347 437 for further information.
For a copy of the Position Description, please click ‘Download candidate information’ below and follow the prompts.
Applications close: Thursday 30 September 2021
Download candidate information