Director of Finance
- Join a newly formed senior leadership team
- Lead on excellence in corporate services and organisational enablement
- Create a lasting impact with long term financial sustainability
The Brotherhood of St Laurence (BSL) has a clear vision – an Australia free of poverty. For over 90 years, we have worked with policy makers and the community for systemic change to prevent and alleviate poverty in Australia.
Corporate operations partners with every part of BSL to ensure a great workplace culture, financial stability, high quality systems, fit for purpose facilities, and a safe workplace, enabling BSL to be a high functioning, impactful social justice organisation. Operations is critical to BSL creating an Australia free of poverty by providing first class, stable, well led operations.
The Director of Finance ensures BSL is strategically positioned financially to succeed. Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer the position works closely with senior leaders across the organisation to provide financial leadership and business partnership support. This is a key leadership role within the corporate team overseeing financial control, finance operations, financial planning and analysis, commercial finance and financial compliance functions. The role will ensure BSL meets all governance and statutory
financial reporting requirements, and that the finance operations provide high quality outcomes for internal users.
What We Are Looking For
- Extensive track record leading a finance function, coupled with highly developed leadership skills and experience working with Boards, peers, community, business and government stakeholders.
- Outstanding leadership and management skills and experience within a dynamic environment, with effective people, financial and systems management, leading, motivating and developing teams to make strategic decisions considering risk, capability and impact.
- Commercial acumen, strong organisational and project management, demonstrating highly developed influencing, negotiation verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven ability to evaluate opportunities and develop solutions based on understanding of the business and regulatory environment and organisational objectives.
- Integrity, maturity and strong personal and business ethics combined with sound judgement, temperament and a commitment to transparency and accountability.
- Role model enterprise leadership behaviour and contribute to the development of a positive engagement culture.
- Relevant tertiary level qualifications (e.g. CPA) and extensive relevant experience in senior leadership roles in large complex organisations, preferably in a Not-for-profit or government environment.
BSL has over 1500 employees and 1000 volunteers. BSL employees enjoy a range of flexible work options and other attractive benefits. Recognising that there is no ‘one size fits all’ pattern of work–life balance, the organisation endeavours to provide options to suit the needs of all staff.
To apply, click on ‘APPLY NOW’ and using reference BSLdof0523 address your cover letter and resume to Kate Wheeler or Pauline Gates, of Fisher Leadership, or call 1300 347 437 for further information.
Selected candidates with aligned backgrounds will be invited to participate in a secondary process.
The Brotherhood of St Laurence adheres to Government mandates in relation to COVID-19.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity and understand the importance of diversity and inclusion. We recognise that everyone has the right to an equitable, safe and productive environment and to be treated with dignity and respect. We welcome applications from all people regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, cultural background, disability or sexual orientation. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
Successful applicants will be subject to pre-employment checks including criminal history and working with children. Recruitment decisions are based on the key inherent needs and requirements of each role, and candidates are selected based on their unique strengths and characteristics. Applicants must have proof of working rights in Australia.
Download candidate information