- Executive management position in arts sector
- Co-lead renowned ‘national treasure’
- Wellington base
Celebrating its 65th year the RNZB is recognized for its courageous, vibrant and world-class performances.
The Executive Director will work in partnership with the Artistic Director to lead the RNZB, bringing a perfect balance between creativity and audience appreciation with financial viability and operational management.
Based in Wellington, reporting to the Board and with a team of senior managers, the Executive Director will bring disciplined management skills, with proven strategic and commercial leadership experience and success in developing high-performance teams, whilst fostering a creative and connected culture.
Interest in performing arts and deep insight to the New Zealand context, combined with strong personal and professional credibility will be essential. The successful candidate will be a collaborative leader with well-developed relationship skills and an innovative approach to building and funding capability. The ability to think critically and respond creatively in a dynamic and challenging environment will be vital.
As New Zealand’s national ballet company, the Royal New Zealand Ballet (RNZB) is a leading performing arts company that delivers inspiring performances and gives full expression to New Zealand’s creative spirit.
RNZB is committed to:
- Bringing world-class ballet to the widest possible audiences throughout New Zealand
- Providing development opportunities and nurturing talent for New Zealand dancers and creative artists
- Taking dance experiences and dance education into communities outside of traditional audiences
- Providing a caring, safe and fulfilling workplace
For more information on the organisation please visit: rnzb.org.nz
To apply in confidence – please click on ‘Apply Now’ using reference RNZBexd0718, addressing your cover letter and resume to Jennifer Little or Kirsten Henderson, of Fisher Leadership, or call +64 9 282 4240 for further information.