ABOUT THE ORGANISATION
St Vincent’s Private Hospital Melbourne (SVPHM) is a not-for-profit, private Catholic hospital caring for the community for more than 100 years. With over 500 registered beds and more than 1,800 staff across four hospitals located in Fitzroy, East Melbourne, Kew and Werribee, St Vincent’s Private Hospital Melbourne is one of Melbourne’s busiest and biggest acute care hospitals. The major specialities of the hospital include orthopaedics, urology, general surgery, cardiology, obstetrics, gynaecology, reconstructive plastic surgery, ophthalmology, and rehabilitation. Also specialising in ear, nose and throat, oncology and haematology.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a fantastic team in a challenging and rewarding environment.
ABOUT THE ROLE
This is a critical role within the Finance team where you will work alongside the Director of Finance in providing high quality and meaningful information to a wide variety of senior stakeholders and staff. This includes business analysis, budget formulation, monthly management reporting, finance administration, and ownership of a broad range of accounting processes. High attention to detail and a data integrity focus is a must, whilst delivering accurate and timely information to management. The role oversees the Finance department, which comprises accounting procedures and administrative functions as the Revenue Services department’s functions.
The Analysis component of the role requires extensive knowledge of the Private Hospital industry, its drivers and manageable levers. It is this level of detail that drives the strategic planning cycle that delivers the annual operating plan, setting budget expectations each year with many stakeholders involved. Support to the Director of Finance through this process is pivotal.
The Finance Manager is also responsible for the continuous improvement of management information ensuring one version of the truth exists between the many data holding systems. Data integrity, accuracy and reliability are clear deliverables.
- Tertiary qualifications in commerce, CA/CPA
- Extensive experience in a similar role
- Detailed understanding of hospital revenue and cost drivers, specifically private health funding models
- Experience with managing or supervising Billings and Debtor functions
- Experience in managing diverse and complex corporate structures, stakeholders and accountants.
- Committed to continuous improvement of management reports and reporting tools
- Ability to analyse complex financial and performance data, draw appropriate inferences and make appropriate judgements on findings
- Advanced computer skills – particularly the Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel, Outlook, Word and PowerPoint, with prior exposure to multiple database management platforms and ERP systems.
- A willingness to be flexible in order to meet objectives and timeframes
- Committed to maintaining patient/staff confidentiality
- Possess logical thought processes with excellent analytical skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to liaise with stakeholders at all levels across the business
WHY WORK FOR SVPHM
Join an organisation where we Serve Something Greater; See Something Greater, and Strive for Something Greater!
St Vincent’s Private Hospital Melbourne values their staff and offer professional advancement in a respectful, collaborative and learning environment. With attractive working conditions and policies that support work/life balance, including flexible work options, discounted gym memberships, the option to purchase additional leave, staff discounts for hospital admissions and salary packaging, you will be part of a high performing team in a workplace where relationships are built on mutual trust and respect.
If you are looking for a role in a true values-based organisation where you can make a significant impact, please click on ‘Apply Now’ to upload your CV and a brief cover letter, using reference SVPtfm0721 or contact Sharyn Gowans at Fisher Leadership on +61 1300 347 437 for further information. We will be accepting applications until Monday, July 19 and expect to begin interviews shortly after.