Director of Primary Years Learning – PYP Coordinator
- Full time ongoing role
- Term 2 2023 start
- Mornington Peninsula location
Woodleigh School has a history and philosophy which clearly distinguishes it from other schools. For an educator to whom these appeal, this position will provide an outstanding opportunity to contribute to the continuing evolution of a unique school.
Located on Victoria’s Mornington Peninsula, Woodleigh School is an independent, coeducational school comprising two Junior Campuses, Minimbah in Frankston South and Penbank in Moorooduc and a Senior Campus in Langwarrin South.
At the heart of a Woodleigh Education is our commitment to the holistic development of every student within our school. We provide a nurturing and challenging environment that supports students to develop the knowledge, skills and dispositions that they will need to thrive, at and beyond school. We aim to develop independent, resilient, creative and compassionate individuals who can find personal success in life, while making a positive contribution to the communities in which they live.
Woodleigh is an IB authorised school (in our Junior Campuses) and uses the IB Primary Years Programme as a framework for teaching and learning at our Junior Campuses. The Head of Primary Years Learning – PYP Coordinator’s responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Effective leadership, collaboration with and support for all staff involved in implementation of the PYP in the junior campuses
- Effective leadership and efficient management of all aspects of PYP implementation, in line with IB and VCAA expectations
- Effective collaboration with leaders and teachers at the junior campuses and Woodleigh Campus to enhance the quality of teaching and learning for all students
- Demonstrated appreciation and utilisation of the opportunities offered by IB and VCAA towards the establishment of a positive culture of learning for the primary years
- Effective contribution to the development and implementation of staff development programs to support delivery of the PYP
- Demonstrated commitment to continual improvement of own practice as a teacher and pedagogical leader, and to sharing experience and expertise with colleagues
- Developing a robust approach to the development and review of curriculum to ensure a consistently high-quality learning environment
- Keeping up-to-date with and sharing current developments in pedagogy and student engagement with all staff
- Motivating staff to keep their teaching practice current through use of research and new technologies
- Developing a coaching culture that encourages feedback to and from students and teachers based on evidence
- Setting high expectations for the campus through careful collaborative planning, monitoring and reviewing the effectiveness of learning
- Leading change and innovation at a whole school level, including communicating the need for change to stakeholders
- Engaging and inspiring staff to commit to evidence- based improvement that has a positive impact on student learning
For more information on the school visit: woodleigh.vic.edu.au
To apply – click on ‘APPLY NOW’ and using reference WOOpyp0223 address your cover letter and resume to Sally Trathen, of Fisher Leadership, or call 1300 347 437 for further information.