Head of Regulatory Policy
- An exciting opportunity to manage and lead ESV’s regulatory policy framework
- Permanent, full time position
- Flexible working arrangements are available
About the opportunity
We have an exciting new opportunity reporting to the General Counsel, as the Head of Regulatory Policy. You will be responsible for managing and leading ESV’s regulatory policy framework to ensure regulatory activity is consistent with ESV’s legislative framework and government policy.
Key responsibilities include:
- Lead ESV’s regulatory policy framework, with an emphasis on documenting policies, procedures and supporting tools to support consistent and enforceable regulatory decision making.
- Manage complex regulatory policy development and provide authoritative policy advice and leadership to all levels at ESV.
- Formulate frameworks to consult with and build support among key internal and external stakeholders for regulatory policy objectives.
- Maintain ESV’s regulatory policy framework through ‘end of life’ remaking processes, periodic review and ad-hoc amendments needed to reflect changes in legislation, regulations and government policy.
- Initiate and lead engagement and work collaboratively within ESV and across government on legislative proposals and associated policy development to support ESV’s legislative functions, with a particular focus on improving compliance and enforcement activities.
To be successful, you’ll have:
- Relevant qualifications, along with extensive experience and a strong understanding of government policy and regulatory processes.
- Demonstrated experience as a policy advisor or leader in a highly regulated industry, working with compliance and enforcement frameworks and exercise of statutory powers.
- Developed understanding of Victorian and national energy markets with a focus on energy regulatory framework or a demonstrated capacity to quickly develop this understanding.
- Demonstrated experience in working with a complex stakeholder environment.
- Demonstrated experience in using a collaborative approach to inform policy development and obtain support needed for policy implementation.
- Highly developed interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills, present to industry and government departments, negotiate and resolve conflict.
Energy Safe Victoria (ESV) is Victoria’s safety regulator responsible for electricity, gas and pipeline safety. Our role is to ensure that Victorian gas and electricity industries are safe and meet community expectations. We are also responsible for licensing and registering electricians, and educating the community about energy safety. Our people come from a wide range of professions with diverse skills and experience driving the success of ESV.
Why join us?
At Energy Safe Victoria we offer roles that enable our people to feel valued by making a meaningful contribution to the Victorian community. We pride ourselves on our collaborative and supportive culture, and support the skills and career development of our people through regular learning, development and growth opportunities.
How to apply
Please go to fisherleadership.com and click on ‘APPLY ONLINE’ using reference ESVhrp0321, addressing your cover letter and resume to Sharyn Gowans of Fisher Leadership, or call 1300 347 437 for further information.
Please refer to the available position description linked below to assess your suitability. ESV will conduct relevant and required checks about applicants and the information provided with an application. Such checks will include but are not limited to:
- ESV contacting current and previous employer(s) to substantiate employment history, past conduct and performance.
- A satisfactory National Police Check (for all non-ESV employees).
Please note that the location for this opportunity may temporarily be working from home due to the current requirements for all Victorians to practice social distancing amid the pandemic.
Applicants who have previously applied for this role on careers.vic.gov need not reapply.
Applications close: Sunday, 11th April 2021Download candidate information