Manager Community Infrastructure
- Help shape a future ready Knox
- Join a team committed to empowering community
- Lead on sustainable infrastructure outcomes
The Manager Community Infrastructure is responsible and accountable for the efficient and effective leadership and management of Council’s Community Infrastructure Department.
The position is required to provide strategic and technical advice to Council and the community in regard to the design, construction and management of physical infrastructure, passive open space (including remnant bushland), facilities and specialist projects.
The position has five direct reports and reports to the Director – Infrastructure.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Values driven leadership supporting Knox Council’s shared values and behaviours.
- Excellent organisational skills
- Strong strategic thinking and analytical attributes
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent written communication skills with the ability to produce high quality reports and discussion papers, make formal presentations and to represent Council in professional and community forums.
- A record of achievement and innovation in people leadership and management in a similar environment.
- Excellent time and project management skills
- Demonstrated skills in financial management, business operations and development
- Strong lateral thinking with excellent problem solving
- A strong commitment to excellence, with a practical and results focus and a proven ability implement change.
Knox City Council has five core values that provide a basis for performance management, consistent planning and decision making. The desired values and behaviours that every employee of Knox is expected to demonstrate in their daily activities, in the way they behave and in the way they make decisions are:
- Teamwork – Cooperative or coordinated effort on the part of a group of persons acting together in the interests of a common cause
- Integrity – Adherence to moral and ethical principles, being honest and trustworthy and being authentic
- Innovation – A change that adds value
- Enjoying Work – Achieving satisfaction and a sense of wellbeing from work
- Service Excellence – Quality work performed for or on behalf of others
For more information about Knox City Council, visit: knox.vic.gov.au
To apply – please go to fisherleadership.com and click on ‘APPLY ONLINE’ using reference KNXmci1120, addressing your cover letter and resume to David Baber, of Fisher Leadership, or call +61 1300 347 437 for further information.
For a copy of the Position Description please CLICK HERE.
Applications close: Sunday, 13 December 2020