- Help shape a future ready Knox
- Join a team committed to successful customer delivery and outcomes
- Bring a track record of excellence in local government
The Manager Operations role provides leadership and oversight of the physical infrastructure within the City of Knox through the development and delivery of programs in the most competitive, efficient and effective manner
The position has six direct reports and reports to the Director – Infrastructure. It leads the teams covering Construction, Works services, Fleet management and Park services.
The role delivers on strategic, technical, and service excellence and therefore requires a leader with operational and technical depth.
To be successful in the role you will have:
- Values driven leadership and excellent organisational skills
- Strong project and contract management skills
- Demonstrated process and systems development and management skills, combined with skills in change management and continuous improvement.
- Well-developed business planning, financial and budgetary skills.
- A sound understanding of the principles of Asset Management,
- Highly developed knowledge of relevant legislation, codes and regulations.
- Well-developed understanding of operations best practice, transformation and change management approaches.
- Highly developed interpersonal and influencing skills
- A record of achievement and innovation in leadership, people management in a diverse, complex and political environment.
- Excellent time and project management skills,
- Excellent written communication skills with the ability to produce high quality reports and discussion papers, make formal presentations and to represent Council in professional forums.
Relevant tertiary qualifications (e.g. civil engineering, asset management, urban horticulture, as well as extensive experience in local government operations are essential).
Knox City Council has five core values that provide a basis for performance management, consistent planning and decision making. The desired values and behaviours that every employee of Knox is expected to demonstrate in their daily activities, in the way they behave and in the way they make decisions are:
- Teamwork – Cooperative or coordinated effort on the part of a group of persons acting together in the interests of a common cause
- Integrity – Adherence to moral and ethical principles, being honest and trustworthy and being authentic
- Innovation – A change that adds value
- Enjoying Work – Achieving satisfaction and a sense of wellbeing from work
- Service Excellence – Quality work performed for or on behalf of others
For more information about Knox City Council, visit: knox.vic.gov.au
To apply – please go to fisherleadership.com and click on ‘APPLY ONLINE’ using reference KNXmop1120, addressing your cover letter and resume to David Baber, of Fisher Leadership, or call +61 1300 347 437 for further information.
For a copy of the Position Description please CLICK HERE.
Applications close: Sunday, 13 December 2020