- Be part of a new Division committed to professional excellence
- Demonstrated experience in audit, policy development and analysis work
- Extraordinary flexible work arrangements
The Victorian Auditor-General’s Office (VAGO) is part of Victoria’s integrity system and informs the Parliament and Victorians about the performance of the public sector and how to improve public services.
We are interested in people from diverse backgrounds. You may come from auditing, consulting, the not-for-profit sector, public policy, or service delivery across the public or private sector. We also welcome a broad range of qualifications such as accounting, arts, economics, law, science, statistics and so on.
You will be committed to professional excellence, and the delivery of high-quality work, within budget and on time. You understand that VAGO’s work must be precise and accurate, and are comfortable with your work being subject to vigorous scrutiny and challenge. You enjoy working with data and write well, and will have a reputation for being values led, ethical and with unwavering integrity.
The Senior Analysts will contribute to timely and high-quality performance audits and products, including responsibility for at least one complex performance audit issue, project, or task. You will also contribute to the development of sector planning and a forward work program.
- Demonstrated experience in contributing to audits, policy development and analysis or similar processes. An understanding or ability to quickly adapt and acquire an understanding, of systems and the role and functions of performance audit.
- Well developed research, analytical, conceptual and problem-solving skills, including data analysis. Ability to quickly assimilate new concepts and information, and provide reasoned, sound and accurate advice. Comfortable working in an environment where findings, judgements and products are subject to vigorous scrutiny and challenge.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with a demonstrated ability to develop and prepare products in plain English and underpinned by a robust evidence base, all while ensuring timelines are achieved.
- Highly developed interpersonal and collaboration skills, with an ability to establish and maintain relationships with people at all levels.
- Cooperates and works well with others in pursuit of team goals, collaborates and shares information, shows consideration, concern and respect for others feelings and ideas, accommodates and works well with the different working styles of others.
- Is committed to own development, and takes responsibility for own actions.
VAGO enables you to work flexibly from home or any other location in Australia, and provide you with a comprehensive best-practice office set-up for your home. When you work in the office at 35 Collins St, Melbourne, you will find an energy-efficient space in a city centre location with great views, activity-based working zones, secure bike storage, change rooms, lockers and easy access to transport and parking.
Job share arrangements will be considered.
Successful candidates will be placed within the Division according to best fit of skills, experience and operational needs.
Applications close: 11 August 2023
To apply, please click on ‘Apply now’ and using reference VAGsea0623 to submit your application. Your application should include a current resume and a covering letter, including a brief statement against the key selection criteria for the role and a 50 word example of a proud and impactful career achievement.
Please address further enquiries with the subject ‘VAGO Opportunities 2023’ by email at firstname.lastname@example.orgDownload candidate information