The Department of Employment, Small Business and Training seeks experienced professionals who are passionate about education, training and skills for multiple board vacancies at TAFE Queensland available from late 2022.
- Forward thinking and strategic leaders sought
- Queensland’s largest and most experienced further education and training provider
- Supporting good jobs and investing in skills through connecting with Queenslanders
About TAFE Queensland
TAFE Queensland is Queensland’s largest, most experienced training provider. TAFE Queensland delivers industry-relevant training across a range of industries from entry-level certificates to bachelor degrees, at more than 50 locations in Queensland.
TAFE Queensland’s vision is to be the leading provider of vocational education and training that is at the heart of community success.
TAFE Queensland Board
TAFE Queensland Board members are key leaders in the community. They fulfil important internal governance obligations in relation to the oversight of TAFE Queensland operations and will often represent TAFE Queensland at meetings, events and community activities. These additional activities may occur outside standard business hours.
Board members are individually responsible for ensuring that the Board fulfils its role as set out in the TAFE Queensland Act 2013. In discharging this responsibility, Board members must comply with a range of legal duties and obligations. The TAFE Queensland Board meets usually once a month.
Professionally, you will be tertiary qualified and conversant with the responsibilities of a director role.
Possessing a track record of significant leadership experience, coupled with governance understanding, you will demonstrate an enthusiasm and desire to contribute broadly towards the success of TAFE Queensland through a well-developed network of connections, skills and creative ideas.
Capabilities which will be held in high regard include:
- Strategic leadership: the ability to review the strategy through constructive questioning and contribute to the effective strategic decision making of the Board.
- Experience and expertise: experience in the education sector including higher education, training, and schools. Expertise in the transition between sectors and industry.
- Risk management: experience in identifying and managing areas of major risk and demonstrated ability to identify strategies to address risk areas. Strong financial acumen and knowledge in order to apply corporate strategies to address risks.
- Corporate governance: demonstrated ability to balance the interests of TAFE Queensland’s many and varied stakeholders.
- Innovative thinking: the ability to identify and be open to new ideas or approaches.
Completion of the Australian Institute of Company Directors (AICD) course will be strongly encouraged.
Click on ‘Apply now’ below, addressing your cover letter and resume to Andrew Norton, using reference TAQbrd1022, or call 1300 347 437 for further information or a confidential discussion.Download candidate information