Technical Advisory Standing Committee Member (auDA)
- Australia’s internet domain is growing
- Bring your expertise to enhance a critical national asset
- Seeking collaborative and expert individuals
The auDA Board is seeking applications for up to ten members of its Technical Advisory Standing Committee.
The role of the Committee is to provide advice to the auDA Board on technical matters including community views and perspectives related to the .au domain.
The scope of the Committee involves:
- Providing informed and effective advice to the auDA Board on technical aspects of the operations, decisions or actions of auDA.
- Assisting in identifying auDA initiatives and developing partnerships to help champion a secure internet to foster an environment of trust so that Australian individuals, businesses and governments can engage online with confidence and realise the opportunity
- Minimising the risks of the digital age.
We are seeking well credentialed individuals with experience, expertise and interest in the technical operation of the Internet from backgrounds such Internet users, hosting companies, DNS providers, registrars, regional communities, industry, government, and academia.
Collaboration, independent thinking, foresight and proven integrity are critical personal attributes required for these appointments. auDA has a focus on diversity, inclusion and belonging.
Committee members must be available to attend the quarterly meetings either in person or virtually. Meetings may be convened in any State or Territory. The role is remunerated with sitting fees and the appointment is for a term of up to three years.
auDA is a not-for-profit for purpose organisation that works with a range of stakeholders including industry, government and the Australian and international community to develop and administer the rules for domains in the .au country code Top Level Domain (ccTLD).
The .au ccTLD is part of Australia’s critical infrastructure, and auDA has been endorsed by the Commonwealth Government to ensure it is a safe, accessible and trusted Australian public asset for all internet users. We also represent Australia’s interests internationally and have an agreement with the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN) – the international body covering ccTLDs.
For more information about auDA and technical input visit: www.auda.org.au/have-your-say/technical-advisory-standing-committee-tasc
To apply – please go to fisherleadership.com and click on ‘APPLY ONLINE’ using reference AUDtec0821, providing two pages detailing your understanding and expertise in current technical issues in .au domain, and your industry relevance to the work of auDA; and resume with two nominated referees to David Baber or Andrea Ingram of Fisher Leadership, or call +61 1300 347 437 for further information.