Deputy Director General, Student Achievement
- Promote excellence in educational leadership and professional practice
The Department of Education is the WA public sector’s largest employer, with over 55,000 staff across the state delivering quality education for over 312,000 students.
This role is part of the Corporate Executive team who are leading the implementation of the Department’s new strategic directions, “Every student, every classroom, every day”. It has a key strategic role in supporting lifelong learners achieve their best by delivering high quality education to all students in all learning environments. The successful candidate will lead the integration of teaching practice with workforce strategy and support services. You will strengthen support for teaching and learning excellence, building the capabilities of Principals, teachers and allied professionals.
To enable this, we are seeking a polished and progressive leader, and candidates with experience in corporate transformation and change management at a senior organisational level are encouraged to apply.
More details on the role and the selection criteria can be found here.
To be suitable for this role, you will need to demonstrate the following work related requirements:
- Shapes and manages strategy
- Achieves results
- Builds productive relationships
- Exemplifies personal integrity and self-awareness
- Communicates and influences effectively.
Applications will be assessed against these work related requirements. The business needs of the Department will also be considered. It is recommended that you consider all information contained in this advertisement and any other related information before applying for the vacancy.
The Department is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and persons from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply.
Applications are encouraged via the jobs.wa.gov.au portal.
For further queries or a confidential discussion, please contact Andrew Norton on 1300 347 437.
Your application should include:
- A no more than three page statement describing your skills and experience, relating to Work Related Requirements 1, 2 and 3. Responses should be in the context of the role and business needs as they are described above. Please note that for applicants who are shortlisted, all Work Related Requirements listed in the position description will be assessed at some stage during the selection process.
- A current CV outlining your experience and capabilities relevant to the role; and
- The contact details for two work related referees who can attest to your suitability for this role.
It is recommended you have these documents completed and ready to attach before selecting ‘Apply for Job’.
You are asked to complete an online application form and attach your documentation, please allow enough time to complete this process as applications cannot be accepted after the closing date and time.
After you have submitted your application online via the jobs.wa.gov.au portal you will receive an email confirming lodgement. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please telephone 08 9264 4127. If you are having difficulty submitting your online application, please telephone 08 9264 8666 for assistance.
Employees will be required to:
- obtain a current Department of Education Criminal Record Clearance prior to commencement of employment
- obtain or hold a current Working with Children Check
- complete the Department’s induction program within three months of commencement
- complete any training specific to this role required by Departmental policy
- complete the Department’s training in Accountable and Ethical Decision-Making within six months of appointment.
The Department applies a four day breach period to this selection process.
Applications must be submitted before 4.30pm (AWST) on Monday, 7 September 2020.