Director of Energy Safety
- Critical Victorian community safety leadership role
- Build a stronger and fit-for-purpose regulator
- Be part of an ambitious reform agenda
The Director is accountable for the operational and strategic performance of this statutory authority delivering its responsibilities under legislation and setting the organisation on a path of continuous improvement. Success in the role requires strengthening ESV’s capability and preparedness to undertake decisive regulatory action and to bring about greater industry accountability.
The Director is responsible for ensuring the organisation proactively exercises its powers as an independent regulator, and is well informed and transparent in its decision making. Effectively engaging with industry stakeholders, the community and government is a critical requirement to achieving best practice, as is building ESV as a high performing community focussed organisation.
The successful candidate will be a strategic and authoritative leader whom has delivered sustainable outcomes in a similar regulatory environment. A track record in organisational change and superior stakeholder engagement is essential. A relevant first degree is expected, and appropriate post-graduate qualifications will be an advantage.
Energy Safe Victoria is the independent statutory authority that is responsible for electricity, gas and pipeline safety in Victoria.
As a regulator it protects the community by:
- working co-operatively and in consultation with the community, industry and government
- developing and communicating safety requirements and programs
- monitoring, auditing, and enforcing compliance
- administering licensing, registration and approval systems that maintain safety standards and skills
Please direct enquiries to ESV@fisherleadership.com, clearly quoting reference ESVdes0919, or for a confidential discussion call David Baber at Fisher Leadership on +61 1300 347 437.