Executive Director, Educational Standards
- Join a leadership group transforming education in NSW, and make a difference to NSW students
- We’re looking for leaders who put our students at the centre, our people at the heart, and can champion the Education values
- Parramatta CBD location
About the role
This is an exciting opportunity for a professional educator with a passion for providing high‑level strategic leadership in the development and oversight of policies and programs to ensure high professional standards in relation to the delivery of curriculum, assessment and reporting.
This role is a critical member of the leadership team responsible for the delivery of educational outcomes that align with the Department’s strategy and put students and young people at the centre of all our decision making. For more details, please see the Role Description.
You’re a leader who achieves outstanding results with your people and can bring our values of Service, Excellence, Equity, Accountability, Trust and Integrity into everything you do.
As a leader you will join an executive team focused on driving improved ways of working to deliver meaningful and long-lasting impact. You will be collaborative, courageous, agile and disciplined about delivering outcomes for students from early childhood to school, and through pathways to higher learning and work.
We’re building a better education system, one of the highest-performing systems in the world. If you want to make a positive difference to the lives of hundreds of thousands of students, and are excited about embarking on a reform journey, this is the opportunity for you.
We are looking for someone who:
- Holds appropriate tertiary qualifications in a relevant discipline such as education, business, management, social sciences or communications, and/or brings equivalent knowledge and experience.
- Holds a valid Working with Children Check (WWC) clearance.
- Demonstrates extensive experience at a senior level in the management of a large complex organisation.
- Brings a knowledge of and commitment to implementing the Department’s Aboriginal Education Policy and upholding the Department’s Partnership Agreement with the NSW AECG and to ensuring quality outcomes for Aboriginal people.
Some of the great benefits on offer include:
- An attractive total remuneration package of $290,887 to $325,467.
- Salary packaging options.
- Flexible working options.
- Fitness passport.
Our purpose in Education is to equip young people to lead rewarding lives in a complex and fast-changing world. This is important because the learners of today are the foundation of a prosperous Australia tomorrow.
To support our young people to thrive, we must ensure we are one of the best education systems in the world. This means building a system focused on student outcomes, and a system that offers a great place to work. We are committed to creating a workplace that is diverse, inclusive and reflective of the community and encourage applications from all candidates regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, cultural background or sexual orientation.
Explore the Department of Education website for more information.
Please click on ‘Apply now’ below, using reference NEDeds0421, addressing your cover letter and resume to Andrew Norton, or call 1300 347 437 for further information. Your application should include:
- Cover letter (maximum of two pages) that addresses the essential requirements and key knowledge and experience required for the role.
- Your resume (maximum of five pages), including details of two referees.
If the selection panel identifies more than one suitable candidate for the role, a talent pool may be created from which these suitable candidates may be chosen and directly offered employment in other similar roles (ongoing or term) in the near future.
- A range of assessment techniques will be undertaken to determine candidate suitability for the role.
- This is a child-related role. You will be required to obtain a Working with Children Check (WWCC) Clearance number as a condition of employment (if you do not already have this). For more information click here.
- Relevant screening checks will be conducted. These include the Declaration for child-related work and the Nationally Coordinated Criminal History Check consent form. You will also be required to provide four identity documents as listed in the National Criminal History Check Guide to Identity.
- If you currently participate in a salary packaging scheme and package any item other than superannuation (for example, a novated lease motor vehicle) you are advised to seek independent financial advice.
Download candidate information