Head of Financial Control and External Reporting
- 6 months opportunity
- Immediately able to start and lead a highly skilled team
- Work flexibly in a values driven, high performance environment and create a world of difference for our client
Gig Executive is partnering with a Melbourne headquartered financial institution with over 110,000 customers and approximately $3 billion in assets. As a mutual bank, they are entirely owned by their customers and exist to empower people to realise their financial goals.
The organisation is going through an exciting growth and transformation journey focussed on providing a better banking experience by putting its customers at the forefront of everything they do.
The Interim Opportunity
The need has arisen to identify an Interim Head of Financial Control and External Reporting as the incumbent is being seconded into a 6-month strategic project.
An experienced Financial Controller/Head of Finance/CFO with a strong understanding of reporting requirements for financial services is required to take carriage of financial management and reporting for the organisation including regulatory and statutory reporting, analysis and importantly, team management and leadership.
The Interim will be responsible for the team with the key priorities for the interim assignment to:
- Streamline accounting processes
- Uplift team capabilities
- General Ledger integrity including ensuring robust reconciliation processes
- Regulatory Reporting Compliance
From a technical perspective, you will be responsible for accounting systems development, month-end and year-end processes, annual financial statement reporting, regulatory and statutory reporting, understanding the underlying information flows and assisting in the preparation of commentary on month-end results.
The successful candidate will be able to clearly demonstrate:
- Immediately available or able to start within 1 week
- An ability to lead the financial reporting team and provide guidance and support
- Strong technical background with experience in the banking sector in a similar role
- To lead by example and be prepared to be operational alongside having oversight of the function
- A detailed understanding of the Australian Prudential Regulation Authority (APRA) standards and reporting requirements
- Degree qualified with either CPA or ICAA membership
- Experience as an Interim or Senior Contractor is highly valued but not essential
This is a 6-month opportunity with a start date in early November.
For more information, please contact Danielle Walker, Consultant Gig Executive at email@example.com
Sunday, 5 November 2022
To apply – click on ‘APPLY NOW’ using reference OURifc1022, addressing your brief cover letter and resume to Danielle Walker of Gig Executive, or call +61 1300 347 437 for further information.Download candidate information