Board Directors (Probono)
- Award winning NFP social enterprise delivering technology for social justice
- Progressive, professional, and diverse Board
- Fast growing organisation with high performing Executive team
The Board is seeking to appoint up to 3 new experienced board directors, to complement existing members in Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane and Adelaide. Specific experience is sought in any or a combination of finance, risk, investment, ICT, legal, customer engagement, government or health services, for appointment commencing mid-2021.
The Board of Directors is responsible for governance focusing on the wider issues of organisational purpose, including the setting and monitoring of strategic direction, and the establishment and monitoring of board level policies.
The Board works in close partnership with the Group Chief Executive Officer to ensure that Infoxchange and Connecting Up’s objectives and goals are achieved.
Board Members serve a three-year term on both the Infoxchange and the Connecting Up Boards and may be eligible for re-appointment for two additional three-year terms. There are currently two committees: Finance and Risk; and Strategy.
The Board has a broad range of skills and experience. Current directors can be viewed here: https://www.infoxchange.org/au/about-us/our-board
A number of Directors on the Board of Infoxchange and Connecting Up will reach the end of their tenure in April 2021, and the Board is seeking to appoint up to 3 new experienced board directors, to complement existing members in Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane and Adelaide. Appointment commencement is anticipated to be mid-2021.
- Understanding of and commitment to technology for social justice and the aims and objectives of Infoxchange and Connecting Up (essential)
- Highly-developed interpersonal skills, integrity and sound judgement (essential)
Additional criteria (not prioritised) – extensive professional or executive/board experience:
- Finance: accounting, financial management, potentially including investment strategy
- ICT: Information and Communication Technology, potentially including innovation / entrepreneurship
- Brand and customer engagement
- Industry experience in: Government (Federal and / or State) or for purpose (NFP / Philanthropy) or Health
Infoxchange is an equal opportunity employer and is seeking diversity and gender balance on the Board of Directors.
Infoxchange is Australia and New Zealand’s leading not-for-profit dedicated to using technology to improve the lives of people experiencing disadvantage and the organisations that support them. With over 150 staff delivering products and services to over 24,000 organisations, we work with community, government and corporate partners to solve issues around homelessness, family violence, mental health and disability, as well as supporting Indigenous communities, women, youth and families.
In 2018 Connecting Up became a subsidiary of Infoxchange in Australia, and trades as TechSoup in New Zealand.
Through our work in digital inclusion and social innovation we use technology to empower over 2 million people experiencing disadvantage, driving social inclusion and creating stronger communities. We believe no-one should be left behind in today’s digital world.
For more information see; www.infoxchange.org
To apply – please select ‘Download candidate information’ below for a copy of the Candidate Information Pack and Application Form, and click on ‘APPLY NOW’ using reference INFbrd0321, or call Morgana Ryan, Deputy Chair of Infoxchange on 1300 347 437 to discuss further.
Nominations close at midnight on Sunday 11th April 2021.