Manager Customer, Communications and Advocacy
- Reimagining communication and engagement at a pivotal time
- Role modelling ‘customer at the centre’ in everything we do
- Enjoy a lifestyle like no other
The Manager Customer, Communications and Advocacy will provide leadership in building responsive, positive and customer centric relationships with community. The role provides advice to the CEO, Executive Leadership team and Councillors.
Reporting to the Director Performance and Innovation, the role is a key member of the Performance and Innovation leadership team, along with the Managers of People and Culture, Governance, Financial Strategy and Innovation and Technology. The Manager is responsible for providing leadership, professional development and support to the Customer, Communications and Advocacy department
The organisation prides itself on sustaining a close-knit workplace with principled leadership.
As an integral member of the organisation’s leadership team, you will:
- Lead a collaborative approach to the development and implementation of Council’s new Communications and Engagement Strategy.
- Develop an advocacy strategy to support and secure funding for Council and the community’s priority projects.
- Drive Council’s Customer First program, ensuring our customers are at the heart of everything we do, and that this success can be monitored and measured.
- Foster and share a customer first mindset and develop a cross-organisational culture of customer empathy, support and focus.
- Provide leadership in building responsive, positive and customer centric relationships with our community.
- Provide strategic Communications advice to the Mayor, Chief Executive Officer and Senior Leadership team.
- Create and share a whole of organisation narrative and use that narrative to engage and communicate with staff, customers and the community.
- Provide leadership in the rebuilding of trust between Council and the community, through well planned communications and engagement activity.
- Lead the development of strategic and operational plans for the Customer, Communications and Advocacy department.
- Review services to identify strategic opportunities that will increase efficiencies and /or reduce costs.
You will bring a contemporary approach involving:
- Leadership experience and expertise in a communications, customer focus and advocacy role within a large and complex organisation.
- Professional leadership, demonstrating positive work behaviours with a genuine commitment to the organisation’s values: Accountability, Customer Focus and Excellence.
- Demonstrated evidence of leading and embedding significant organisational system and culture change initiatives.
- Excellent communication skills, and the ability to successfully engage with diverse stakeholders, including Councillors, staff, key partners and the wider community.
- Experience in successful execution of communications and advocacy strategy, to deliver demonstrable outcomes for the organisation and community.
- Contemporary and innovative leadership, with the proven ability to develop individual growth and a healthy team dynamic.
- A high level of business acumen with the ability to work across a diverse range of services.
- Courageous and values-based leadership, capable of developing and leading new thinking and practice within your portfolio area.
Tertiary qualifications in communications, marketing or a related discipline are highly desirable.
South Gippsland Shire Council is committed to establishing a shared long term community direction that unites the Shire and guides its future direction. It is also committed to provide services that are accessible and support the various sectors of the community covering:
Community Strengthening; Children, Youth and Family; Libraries; Sport, Recreation, Leisure and Aquatic Facilities.
South Gippsland is a place like no other. Our region offers welcoming townships, friendly communities and colourful landscapes. You can enjoy green rolling hills, wind-swept beaches and the world-famous Wilsons Prom, right on your doorstep. South Gippslanders enjoy the beauty and freedom of country living with easy access to Melbourne.
To apply – please go to fisherleadership.com and click on ‘APPLY ONLINE’ using reference SGCmci0821, addressing your cover letter and resume to David Baber of Fisher Leadership, or call +61 1300 347 437 for further information.
Applications close: Friday 20th August
To download a copy of the Candidate Information Pack, please click ‘Download candidate information’ below and follow the prompts.